Skip to main content

Edpuzzle

This week I chose to learn more about Edpuzzle. I chose it because teachers use video so much these days, and I like the idea of being able to add to videos in case the video I want to use doesn't have all the information I need.

Edpuzzle is a service that allows teachers to edit videos to use in the class. You can crop the video, add voice over (this removes the audio track for the entire video and replaces it with your audio), add audio note (the video stops and plays a recorded message from the teacher), or add a quiz. There are three options for a quiz: open-ended questions, multiple-choice questions and comments). In any of the questions, you can add an image or a web link. Students can also use Edpuzzle. There is an option for a teacher to create a project and assign it to students. Then the students can make a video to share their learning, and it would be great to use with project-based learning.

This is the video I made:
This week I also decided to do a screencast to show what I learned about Edpuzzle. (I have a cold, please excuse the sniffing).

In my screencast, I showed how to find a video in youtube, and then move it to Edpuzzle using the Chrome Extension button "Edit with edpuzzle" (shown in the screenshot below).
 I should have also shown how to edit a video directly in Edpuzzle. All you have to do is click on Add Content (see screenshot below on the right side), and then create a video. 

Then you can import videos from the Popular Channels (see screenshot below on the left side).
See my screencast for more information on Edpuzzle and how to create and edit a video. I would definitely recommend this platform to educators.

Comments

  1. EdPuzzle and Screencastify all in one week. Maybe you can dig deeper into Screencastify next week. Nice work on both the EdPuzzle learning object and the Screencastify tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The EdPuzzle is great! It has such a professional look and feel. And that’s your voiceover, right? You should probabably start narrating books as a side job. You have a great voice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robin,

      I wish that was my voice. It was just me right at the beginning and in an audio comment mid-way. I still feeling awkward hearing my own voice!

      ~Heather

      Delete
  3. I loved going through your EdPuzzle! I have the same question as Robin... that was your voice right??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one comment at the beginning and one 3/4 of the way through but the rest was a narrator. I wish that was my voice because I really don’t like hearing my voice on recordings! 😃

      Delete
  4. Hi Heather,

    I tried Edpuzzle this week after reading your review and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nearpod

Nearpod is a tool for teachers to create presentations that can be shared with students in live class mode, or at student self-pace. I thought the learning curve on this was very easy, and I created a presentation pretty quickly. Nearpod Silver edition is free, and Nearpod Gold costs $12 per month. Among other differences, with Silver you can have a class of up to 30 and cannot do student self-paced mode. I created a presentation about perimeter and area of squares and rectangles. Here it is: To start a presentation, just click on Create your own lesson: Next, choose from Add Content, Add Web Content or Add Activity. There are many different options for content and activities to add. I started by adding a video. You simply insert the share address of the youtube video under Add Web Content. Next, I added an interactive simulation from content. It is an area builder game. This slide is a collaborate slide. In live mode, the students' answers are posted

Formative Assessment Using Technology

Formative assessment is an important part of instruction. It gives the teacher data on how well the students are understanding the lesson. This data can then be used by the teacher to alter instruction, and it can be used by the student to work toward mastery. There is so much technology available to teachers to make assessment easier! I decided to give Formative a try. This is a website that can be used to create many different types of assessments, and can be used with Google Classroom  and Clever . You can choose from a library of already-made assessments, or you can create your own. When creating an assessment, you can add content like videos and images. With the premium, paid subscription there are more options. There are 17 different types of assessment you can create, including reflection, lab, pre-assessment and exit-ticket. There are 11 different types of questions that can be added into the assessment. What I Made I made two different assessments. The first was a spe